The HID® FARGO® INK1000 is the latest printer innovation to join HID Global’s family of desktop based card printers. Bringing the simplicity and affordability of inkjet printing to personalized cards and IDs, the HID FARGO INK1000 is unmatched in its ease-of-use and lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). Ultra-reliable, low maintenance and less expensive than many standard card printers on the market today, the HID FARGO INK1000 features exclusive inkjet printing technology, eliminating the hassles of print ribbons or the need for specialized card media. Why, it’s as simple to use as the inkjet printer in your home or office! Easy-to-use, affordable and dependable, the INK1000 featuring exclusive inkjet technology is the next revolution in ID card printing.
What makes the HID FARGO INK1000 so revolutionary?
• The HID FARGO INK1000 is the very first and ONLY of its kind!
• It is a highly specialized thermal inkjet printer that has been specifically engineered to be compatible with standard, off-the-shelf PVC cards – an industry first!
o Supports standard PVC card types: PVC, press polished PVC, composite (PET/PVC with PVC as an outer layer), laminated PVC (credit card construction) –NO SPECIALIZED CARD MEDIA REQUIRED (no expensive, specially-coated card stock required!)
o Specialized printer design includes card heating technology to allow improved acceptance/adherence of ink to card substrate and aid in rapid drying
o Exclusively formulated ink to promote adherence to card and support enhanced UVstability (fade prevention)
What are the features/capabilities and available optional encoding that is available with the HID FARGO INK1000 card printer?
- Thermal inkjet card printing (single-side)
- Full-color, true “edge-to-edge” printing in 600 dpi x 1200 dpi
- Single ink cartridge (YMC) – Composite black is barcode-readable
- Printing on standard PVC card types—no special card media required!
- Contactless card encoding (optional) – Contactless (OMNIKEY® 5127CK-Mini)
What is Inkjet printing and what is DOD (Drop on Demand)?
Inkjet card printing is a type of card printing that recreates text and digital images by propelling droplets of ink onto the card. HID FARGO INK1000 offers an inkjet card printing capability.
• There are two inkjet printing methods. These are Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) and Drop on
• As the name implies, continuous inkjet technology ejects drops continuously from the printhead. These drops are then either directed to the printing surface as printing drops or to a collector for recirculation and re-use. This methodology is very old and not typically used in card printing.
• Drop on Demand technology ejects drops from the printhead only when required. HID FARGO INK1000 inkjet printing uses the Drop on Demand method.
• There are two approaches to the DOD method. These are Thermal DOD and Piezoelectric (orPiezo) DOD.
• Thermal DOD essentially relies on heat and vaporization to force ink from the print headto the substrate. HID FARGO INK1000 inkjet printing uses Thermal DOD.
• Piezoelectric DOD uses an electrical charge to force precise amounts of ink onto the substrate.
What card types are supported with the HID FARGO INK1000 Inkjet Card Printer?
The HID FARGO INK1000 card printer accepts CR-80 size cards and supports the following card types: Supports standard PVC card types: PVC, press polished PVC, composite (PET/PVC with PVC as an outer layer), laminated PVC (credit card construction)