Fargo DTC1500 ID Card Printer
Built on 20 years of proven direct-to-card printing expertise, the HID® FARGO® DTC1500 card printer/encoder offers the convenience and lower cost of high-capacity consumables along with a comprehensive feature set – enabling organizations to routinely issue highly secure cards and IDs at a fraction of the cost without sacrificing quality.
Designed for government ID projects, universities and colleges, K-12 schools, healthcare facilities, and small-to-medium businesses, the DTC1500 boasts of distinctive security features ideal for these organizations. A built-in, custom watermark overlay function allows for the application of a customized transparent security image such as a logo, symbol, or text – to be integrated as a permanent watermark within the printed card’s overlay panel – making duplication virtually impossible. The DTC1500 custom watermark provides organizations with a cost-efficient way to significantly increase card security and thwart would-be-counterfeiters without additional investment in holographic overlaminates or foil cards. The DTC1500 also comes equipped with a unique resin scramble data protection feature – rendering used panels unreadable. Standard password protection and AES 256 data encryption provide additional peace of mind.
Beyond robust security, the DTC1500 offers innovative printing features such as resin threshold settings for darker, crisper text and barcodes. What’s more, built-in dual-side printing can be activated with the simple use of an RFID tag making after-purchase upgrades virtually effortless! Due to its modular, scalable design – optional lamination or encoding modules can also be added at any time. Security, lower cost, innovation, and versatility – it all comes standard with the DTC1500.
Fargo DTC1500 Top 20 FAQ’s
1.) What is the FARGO® DTC1500?
The HID® FARGO® DTC1500 is the latest DTC (Direct-to-Card™) printer/encoder to join HID Global’s family of DTC, desktop-based printers. The DTC1500 combines some of our most popular features from our existing HID FARGO DTC product line with new innovation to achieve an economical, yet high volume-capable ID/card printing solution for cost-conscious organizations. Designed for government ID projects, universities and colleges, K-12 schools, healthcare facilities, and small-to-medium corporations, the DTC1500 boasts of distinctive security features ideal for these organizations. Unique selling points include:
– Innovative, built-in security features – Easy-to-implement security features such as resin scramble data protection and custom overlay watermark come standard on every unit.
– Low-cost, high-capacity consumables – High-capacity, full and half-panel color ribbons significantly lower cost-per-card and reduce total cost of ownership.
– Highly versatile – Powerful printing in a modular, scalable design that simplifies in-field equipment upgrades and migration to higher levels of security.
– Earth friendly – GreenCircle® Certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly (ECO) refill ribbons.
2. What new features are available with HID Global’s new FARGO DTC1500 printer/ encoder?
– Innovative, built-in and easy-to-implement security features include: o Custom Overlay Watermark* – Users can apply a customized, transparent security image such as a logo, symbol, or text – to be integrated as a permanent watermark within the printed card’s overlay panel – making duplication virtually impossible. The DTC1500 custom watermark provides organizations with a cost-efficient way to significantly increase card security and thwart would-be-counterfeiters without additional investment in holographic overlaminates or foil cards. o Resin Scramble Data Protection – This feature hides any information printed with a resin panel – rendering the waste panel unreadable. o Additional Security – Standard password protection and AES 256 data encryption provide additional peace of mind.
– Low-cost, high-capacity consumables* – High-capacity, full and half-panel color ribbons significantly lower cost-per-card and reduce total cost of ownership. Resin threshold* – Resin threshold allows for true “K-panel” printing when desired by allowing printer operators to manually set and adjust precisely when the resin K panel is utilized based on color concentration. As a result, text and barcodes are darker and more crisply defined.
– Environmental features include:
o GreenCircle® certified card printer (base model only without encoders)
o Rewrite technology – no ribbon required
– Built-in, dual-side printing can be activated with the simple use of an RFID tag making after-purchase upgrades virtually effortless
– Ethernet standard with internal print server (note: Ethernet optional on BIS-Certified Units)
-Contact, contactless and magnetic stripe optional encoding available (optional)
– Lamination available (optional)
In addition, like all current FARGO DTC and HDP® printers, the DTC1500 includes our FARGO Workbench™ software and diagnostic utility for printer maintenance with Color Assist™ spot-color matching at no additional cost. HID’s Swift ID™ embedded badging application is also included.
3. What are the factory-only upgradeable options for the DTC1500?
-Ethernet with internal print server for BIS-certified units
4. What are the field-upgradeable options for the DTC1500?
– WiFi accessory
– Magnetic stripe encoders
– Contact smart card encoder
– Contactless smart card encoder
– Dual-side printing activation
– Single-side or Dual-side lamination
5. In which combinations can I purchase technology card encoders with the DTC1500 printer?
– Encode (Read or Write) HID iCLASS SE, HID iCLASS, SEOS and HID PROX technology cards
– Desire to encode (Write) HID PACS data to chip
– Desire to have encoder be a TIP (Trusted Identity Platform) endpoint in Secure Identity Ecosystem
iCLASS SE Encoder (5127)
– Process HID PACS SIO (Secure Identity Object) data
– Encode (Read or Write) contactless technology cards HID iCLASS, HID PROX and MIFARE/DESFIRE technology cards
– Encode Contact cards
HID Prox, iCLASS, MIFARE/DESFire, and Contact Smart Card Encoder (OMNIKEY Cardman 5121 and 5125)
6. Is Swift ID™ available with the DTC1500?
Yes. Swift ID badging software is included with the DTC1500. Additionally, the DTC1500
Is also compatible with Asure ID® card personalization software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding – as well as EasyLobby® Secure Visitor Management Solutions.
7. Is the DTC1500 Printer supported by the existing FARGO Printer SDK?
8. Will the overlaminate materials from the DTC1500 work in a DTC4500e lamination module?
9. Are fluorescent panel ribbons supported by the DTC1500 printer?
10. Are half-panel ribbons available for the DTC1500?
Yes. The DTC1500 does support economical, high-capacity half-panel ribbons.
11. Will the DTC1500 be FIPS-201 compliant?
12. Will the FARGO DTC1500 replace any current FARGO DTC printers?
No. The DTC1500 is part of a new FARGO Professional Select product series and offers features not available with other DTC printers such as high-capacity consumables, custom watermark overlay, and resin threshold to name a few.
13. What is the MSRP for the DTC1500?
14. When will the DTC1500 be commercially available?
The DTC1500 will be commercially available in November, 2017.
15. Does the DTC1500 ship with a User’s Guide?
No. All User Guides and related documentation are available for download at hidglobal.com. A printed Quick Start Guide will also accompany your printer.
16. What items are included with the base model printer/encoder?
– A convenient Quick Start Guide
– Power supply and cords (US and EU)
– Warranty information sheet
17. What does the warranty cover?
– Printer – Three years
– Printhead – Three year warranty, unlimited pass with UltraCard
18. Do the color profiles of the DTC1500 Printer/Encoder match the color profiles of the existing DTC e-series printers?
Yes. To ensure color match, users are encouraged to use the Color Assist module within the Workbench utility software that comes with your DTC1500 printer.
19. What card types does HID recommend for the DTC1500 printer?
The printer can handle most CR-80 or CR-79 PVC or composite PVC card types such as FARGO UltraCard® or UltraCard Premium. For applications that utilize the lamination module, HID recommends using FARGO UltraCard Premium for best results.
20. What are the main advantages of the DTC1500 over competitive DTC laminating printers?
The main advantages of the DTC1500 over competitive DTC laminating printers include:
– Lower-cost, high capacity consumables
– Easy-to-implement security features such as custom watermark overlay and resin scramble data protection
– Resin threshold feature
– Built-in, dual side printing can be activated with the simple use of an RFID tag making after-purchase upgrades virtually effortless
– Energy conservation attributes (GreenCircle® Certified)