Superior print quality, higher reliability and durability, greater security – your photo ID cards will have all these qualities when you print and encode them with the affordable and versatile HDP5000 ID card printer and encoder.
- High Definition Printing® gives you superior print quality, even on smart cards with embedded electronics, for a more impressive public image.
- High reliability and durability lowers your total cost of ownership, and affordable pricing makes High Definition Card Printing available to practically any business.
- We back the HDP5000 ID card printer and encoder with a lifetime* printhead warranty and three-year* warranty on everything else.
- Versatile modular design permits change as your needs change. Dual card input hopper, dual-sided printing, single- or dual-sided lamination and card encoding technologies are all field-upgradeable features.
- Minimal training is required because of its simple design and intuitive operation. Cards, ribbons and overlaminates come in cartridges that load quickly and easily.
Our enhanced HDP5000 ID card printer and encoder is feature-packed. Perfect for smart cards with embedded electronics, it reliably produces cards in High Definition with the highest image quality available. The HDP5000 ID card printer and encoder upgrades easily in the field, with additional modules.
- New optional dual card input hopper simplifies card handling and minimizes downtime.
- HID Global next-generation HDP platform enables faster print speed.
- Optional single-sided or simultaneous dual-sided lamination for higher card security–quickly.
- Dual-sided card printing option lets you double the print area available without manually reloading cards.
- SmartScreen™ LCD Control Panel displays helpful status messages and prompts.
*Three-year warranty available on printers and lifetime warranty available on printheads with completion of online printer registration. (Two-year warranty standard on both printer and printheads without online printer registration.)
The reliable HDP5000 now includes the following enhancements and benefits that come standard in the newest version:
- More economical prints– New, low-cost YMCK half-panel ribbon
- Increased card throughput — Faster print speed, up to 150 cards per hour
- Greater peace of mind for users — New, industry leading three-year warranty
- Greater data security — AES256 data encryption and resin ribbon erase
- Improved regional compatibility — Upgraded LED with status in multiple languages
- Simplified management of multiple card types — Field-upgradable dual card input hopper option
- More durable cards without lamination– with High Durable HDP Film (coming Q2, 2013)
- More accurate color representation and faster firmware upgrades– FARGO Workbench® v3.0 diagnostic utility includes Color Assist spot-color matching, and simultaneous firmware upgrades for all printers on a network
- Consumables compatibility– Current HDP5000 print ribbon, HDP Film and overlaminates are compatible with the enhanced HDP5000
The FARGO HDP5000 ID Printer is exceptionally reliable, which means less printer downtime. Because the printhead never comes in contact with card surfaces or debris, it’s never damaged in the printing process. In fact, it carries a lifetime warranty. Cards produced by High Definition Printing are inherently more durable and secure than other types of cards. They resist wear and tear by putting a durable layer of HDP Film between the card image and the outside world. They’re also tamper evident — if a counterfeiter tries to peel apart the layers, the image essentially destroys itself.
High-quality images without the high price tag
With the Fargo HDP5000 ID Card Printer, ID cards do more than protect your organization — they reflect its pride. HDP5000 produces ID cards with the highest image quality available. By printing a reverse image on the underside of HDP® Film, then fusing the film to the card surface, the Fargo hdp5000 id printer creates an image quality that looks more like a sharp glossy photo than an ordinary ID badge. The Fargo hdp5000 id card printer provides a quality similar to offset litho printing. Printing on film instead of directly on the card means that the uneven surface of technology cards doesn’t compromise image quality. The Fargo hdp 5000 id printer can print up to the edge of smart chip contacts, and over-the-edge of the card.
With the FARGO HDP 5000 ID Printer, the price tag looks as great as the cards it produces. No other photo ID card printer delivers High Definition images at this price point, making the FARGO HDP 5000 ID Printer feasible for a broad range of organizations.
Great for: Employee ID cards, Door access cards, Membership card printing, gift card printing & more.